Centrapay Limited unlocks new ways for businesses, brands, customers and consumers, to connect engage and pay. Our address is level 17 South Street, Auckland.
You don’t have to share your personal information with us. However, if you choose not to share your personal information with us, we may not be able to provide you with our services. Please talk to us if you have any concerns.
We may update this policy from time-to-time. The updated policy will apply from the date that it is available on our website.
This policy is dated 1 February 2022.
Personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- your name, date of birth and contact information (including physical address, postal address, email address and phone number) (in some cases that information is required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act and must be provided);
- your bank account details;
- documents required to verify your identity and other information (such as passport/driver licence);
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, location and the web browser you use when you visit our website (we use some third-party tools to help us collect, analyse and store that information, including Google Analytics).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways in connection with your use of our services (for example, when you make a payment at a retailer) and our website. Generally, we will collect your personal information directly from you, for example when you register for a Centrapay account or use our services, when you contact with us (e.g. via our contact page or email). We may also collect your personal information from any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”), and from publicly available sources.
How we use personal information
Centrapay uses your personal information:
- to verify your identity and other personal information (including where required by law);
- to provide services to you and to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, additional information about our services and support;
- to market our services to you electronically (e.g. by text or email);
- to respond to communications from you;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- to comply with our obligations at law and to support us to engage with relevant regulators;
- to investigate, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- to analyse and understand how people use and experience our website;
- for any other purpose authorised or permitted by you or the Act.
Who we share personal information with
Centrapay will not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with:
- any person authorised by you;
- related companies;
- retailers and issuers of gift cards & other methods of payment (where you use our services to make payments);
- businesses that support provision of our services such as providers of underlying IT systems, data centres and software, banks, professional advisers, identity verification services;
- government and regulatory agencies, as required by law;
- any other person authorised by the Act or other law.
How we protect personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party including the retailers that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy, the Privacy Act or any other relevant laws.
Your right to access and correct personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act, you can access readily retrievable personal information that we hold about you and request correction of your personal information.
If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at email@example.com.
Internet use and third-party websites